From today's practice:
• Miah Ostrowski tried to give it a go today. But his right foot still prevented him from making cuts without pain. He will not play in Saturday's game against Louisiana Tech.
• Breyden Torres-Keohokapu replaces Ostrowski on the 66-player travel roster.
• Chauncy Winchester-Makaianai practiced today — at right tackle. He was the No. 1 right guard exiting training camp before suffering a sprained right knee the week before the Sept. 3 season opener. Head coach Greg McMackin said Andrew Faaumu and David Lefotu will rotate at right guard, and Levi Legay and Winchester-Makainai will split time at right tackle.
• Shane Austin is still taking the No. 2 quarterback's reps, but it still will be a situational decision on whether Austin or David Graves will be used as Bryant Moniz's immediate backup.
• Quarterback Kevin Spain, who suffered facial injuries from a bike fall a couple of weeks ago, said he is fine. He also said his surgically repaired right shoulder continues to improve.
• Receiver Terence Bell will undergo X-rays today in the hope of finding the source of a stiff neck.