The Warriors will take it up another notch with, in coachspeak, the addition of plastic at today's afternoon practice.
With the aggressiveness of the first two spring practices, it appeared the Warriors already were in pads. Today it becomes official.
• "I'm mad, and we're going to talk about this," Norm Chow fumed after a player's indecision cost the Warriors 50 seconds of practice time. Chow believes that every minute counts, and the discipline administered in the spring will pay off in the fall.
• No depth chart yet, but the first rotation offensive unit has been: X Trevor Davis, LT Blake Muir, LG Chauncy Winchester-Makainai, C Kody Afusia, RG David Lefotu, RT Jordan Loeffler, Y Waylon Loloti, Z Billy Ray Stutzmann, FB Jared Leaf, TB Joey Iosefa, QB David Graves.
• Again, no depth chart, but Chow said Ben Clarke is the No. 2 center. So far.
• With his long hair and build, quarterback Ikaika Woolsey has drawn comparisons to Bryant Moniz. Woolsey joked he would get a Sharpie and draw tattoos on on his hands.
• Darryl McBride is back at strong-side linebacker.
• With practices set for the afternoon this fall, the training table is switching from breakfast in the Sheriff Center to dinner at the dormitory cafeteria. The players are on their own for breakfast and lunch . . .
• . . . Did we mention there is an L&L on the second floor of the athletic complex?
• Count Justin Vele among the many linebackers who have been impressive.
• Pi‘i Minns, a member of the UH basketball team, is trying out for the football team.