This morning, the Warriors finished their final spring practice before going on a one-week hiatus for spring break.
Quarterbacks Taylor Graham and Ikaika Woolsey threw well, particularly in the quick-change drill during which the Warriors tried to run three plays each minute.
• Defensive end Beau Yap underwent X-rays for a possible sprained right ankle. He was on crutches as a precaution. Yap, the Warriors' best pass rusher, was not expected to be used much this spring. The one-week break should be helpful.
• Tight end Jordan Pu‘u-Robinson dropped a pass during a warm-up drill, then did not have another drop the rest of the 90-minute practice. The coaches are pleased with his transition from defensive end to tight end.
• Brian Clay, who redshirted last year, continues to impress in pass-defense drills. He is expected to have a significant role in the secondary.
• Cornerback Ne'Quan Phillips has declared he will be a mentor to freshman corner Anthony Pierce. Pierce is the son of former NFL player Antonio Pierce.
• Tony Grimes is now competing as a punt returner.
• Offensive line coach Chris Naeole is making an impact. Ask the linemen. Naeole often will demonstrate a technique on a lineman. Naeole (left, green), who played 12 years in the NFL, still has the ferocity.
• This guy needs to be in UH's Circle of Honor: